The Antiochian Orthodox Christian Women of North America was founded in 1973 through the Vision of His Eminence Metropolitan Philip (Saliba) of Thrice-Blessed Memory. Today, it is an organization of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese and is led by His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph.
Our purpose is to:
- Develop a spirit of Christian leadership, awareness and commitment among each other,
- Foster a genuine expression of love and service through works of charity, and
- Instill a sense of fellowship and deeper understanding of our heritage, traditions, and faith
Together, we are a "Sisterhood Serving Christ Through Serving Others" and being part of our sisterhood means you’re part of a uniquely wise, talented community that’s committed to following Christ through everyday actions.
We welcome women from the ages of 19 to 99, and urge you to join us in our ministry, remembering that EVERY woman in the Antiochian Archdiocese is an "Antiochian Woman"!
Women's projects at St. Ignatius include:
- Church Fellowship - Planning and organizing fellowship during Episcopal visits or other church functions as needed
- Retreats - Planning and organizing days of fellowship and spiritual enrichment, just for women
- Get-Togethers - Helping women host get-togethers such as breakfasts, teas, luncheons or other casual fellowship at home or church
- Education and Enrichment - Planning and organizing books clubs, workshops, talks, and more
- Fundraising - Collecting for a different charitable cause every March
- Compassion Meals ("Take Them a Meal") - Providing meals for new mothers, the sick, or others in need
- Friends in Need - Writing to and visiting the sick and homebound
- Leadership Training - Training to become a leader of the Antiochian Women at St. Ignatius
- Epistle Readings - Encouraging women to become Sunday readers
To learn more about the Antiochian Women at St. Ignatius, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Overview: http://ww1.antiochian.org/women
- Prayer: http://www.antiochian.org/women/AOCWNA-Prayer
- Newsletter: http://www.antiochian.org/women/diakonia
- On Facebook (St. Ignatius Parish): https://www.facebook.com/stignatius.aowna
- On Facebook (Diocese): https://www.facebook.com/groups/632764976859758/?ref=bookmarks
- On Facebook (Archdiocese): https://www.facebook.com/antiochianwomen/
- Orthodox Women Saints: http://www.antiochian.org/women/orthodox-women-saints