There are twelve Great Feasts of the Church that are divided into two groups – feasts of our Lord and feasts of the Mother of God (Theotokos). Here is a listing of those feasts for reference along with the dates on which they fall.
The Feasts of our Lord are:
- Exaltation of the Cross (September 14)
- Nativity of our Lord (Christmas – December 25)
- Theophany or Epiphany (January 6)
- The Meeting of our Lord (February 2)
- Palm Sunday (one week before Pascha)
- Ascension of our Lord (40 days after Pascha)
- Pentecost (50 days after Pascha)
- Transfiguration (August 6)
The Feasts of the Mother of God are:
- Nativity of the Theotokos (September 8)
- Entry of the Theotokos into the Temple (November 21)
- The Annunciation (March 25)
- The Dormition of the Theotokos (August 15)
Taken from “Celebration –Feasts and Holy Days” Orthodox Christian Education Commission. Provided by the North American Board of Antiochian Women for distribution to local chapters like ours.